Monday, April 14, 2008

An evening on the green.

I'm not sure where the last few weeks have gone - 1st April feels like yesterday. Literally. In the spirit of tardiness, I offer more than one picture for today's posting.



As I roved out this evening down along the bank.


A creek - part of the northside green belt Stafford


Under a sky cut from blue banded agate.


I set forth and observed the traffic.


Northside green belt bike and run path
Stafford into Alderley


Found beautiful flowers that others might think weeds.

Clover
northside green belt, Stafford

And an ambush waiting to happen.


Orb Spider waiting in a peri-peri tree
(beneath this web she dangles a leaf in the hope of attracting quarry)
northside green belt, Enoggera
While the quarry looked on.


Fly considers dangling leaf
northside green belt, Enoggera

Before I turned to gaze at more wonderous weeds,

even magic ones..
It's actually a toadstool, folks ;)

and took the short way home.

Treacherous rocks
northside green belt

1 comment:

Karelia Cigarettes said...

Admiration and interest were my first feelings when I’ve entered your blog. It is indeed the most remarkable creation I’ve ever seen! Moreover, your manner of writing and the photos are absolutely fine and I think everyone would agree with my words. All this made me immediately add the blog to my links. Thank you very much for such a marvelous web page and I will surely enter it again!